- This event has passed.
Tools For Life with Scott Littman (Session 1)
February 13 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
TOOLS FOR LIFE: An educational series that will build your parenting toolkit, by providing information and strategies to help parents promote their children’s social, emotional, and physical health.
Scott Littman grew up in Ithaca, NY, and graduated from the University of New Hampshire. After college he went to Israel to teach English and volunteer. While abroad, Scott would go to the fresh markets and cook Shabbat dinner every week, leading him to a greater interest in food and cooking. Upon his return home, Scott continued to teach for 2 years, which eventually moved him to Nashville. In 2015, Scott started working at Butcher & Bee in East Nashville and now he is a Sous Chef. He also teaches the Active Start gardening class at Akiva, and has been gardening at home for 3 years.
The Food We’ll Be Making
Creating a Healthy Start to the Day: Breakfast
- Sunbutter toast
- Avocado toast with eggs
- Smoothies with frozen bananas
- Scrambled eggs with avocado and cherry tomatoes
- Yogurt and granola
Quick and Easy Snacks
- Hummus with special toppings Pita from Azadi or Baraken
- Bread making
Dinner for the Week
- Rice Dish with roasted veggies
- Rice Dish with caramelized onions and pickled raisins
Taking Advantage of Leftovers
- Bring your leftovers and Scott will help to build recipes around what you already have
- Introduction to Pickling and Fermenting
Please register at https://jfortune1.wufoo.com/forms/tools-for-life-cooking-for-the-picky-eater/
For more information, contact email@example.com